After some initial soundings in early October, I concluded that with All-Saints, Remembrance, Advent, Christmas and Epiphany most Preachers, Worship Leaders, Small Group Leaders, Children's and Youth Leaders were so overwhelmed with materials and resources, the notion of supplying any additional Holy Habits - Worship-themed resources was superfluous...
A confession. It looks like I was wrong! Several conversations in the past couple of weeks indicate that folk would very much like some additional resources...
Instead of attaching a series of documents I've uploaded them to an on-line directory, meaning you can forward this e-mail to other friends and church members to your heart's content without clogging up their in-boxes
Holy Habits additional resources - Worship - this document offers a large number of links to various Worship, Advent, Christmas and a few Epiphany resources... Like the one for the previous topic - Eating Together - I can't stress enough that these are NOT compulsory nor prescriptive; they're to help you in your own thinking! I've included links here for a handful of resources uploaded to Holy Habits on-line directories - and which are also linked from this document.
Here's some ideas for Advent service readings and themes -The Songs of Advent this is included in the document above...
Small group Bible Studies on Worship (links included in Holy Habits additional resources - Worship):-
- Whole Life Worship - some resources from the London Institute for Contemporary Christianity.
Worship - a small group study available as a printable pdf here
- Bible Study: Living Worship from youthESource - a downloadable set of FOUR Bible Studies adaptable for any small group
We've also received some resources from Upper Thames Circuit; these are available here:-
If you'd like paper printed copies of any of the resources, please get back to me.
The Holy Habits additional resources for Prayer (January and February) are beginning to be drafted, but we need your help...
- Please share your ideas for this topic with me and others - and let us know about other useful sources you've found!
- Start looking and thinking ahead and begin to contribute ideas ready for other Habits...
- We really need some more people to join a Holy Habits resource group; perhaps one Habit fires you up, or you could contribute one idea for each Habit??
I'm sure we can help this Holy Habits journey to be a real and lasting source of renewal for our churches!